Clifton Opera House Information
(photos by Talitha Green)
Clifton Opera House hosts year round entertainment. The Opera House was built in 1893. The opera house was designed by Springfield architect Charles Cregar. Cregar is known for his magnificent designs such as the municipal building in Springfield and numerous churches. The Clifton Opera House was probably one of the smallest buildings that he designed in his career. The various architectural features that he included make it apparent that he put a lot of his favorite elements into this structure. The tower on the front of the building was removed due to damage and deterioration.
Over the years it has served as a venue for minstrel shows, town offices, after school sports and community meetings.
Every weekend you can find a variety of musical offerings and entertainment. The Opera House is currently hosting live concerts and events every Friday and Saturday night.
Available for Functions
- Performances, Recitals, Live Music,
- Weddings & Receptions,
- Corporate meetings
- Rotary, merchant/chamber of commerce meetings
- Class reunions, Anniversary Parties
- Art exhibits, Music and Art Festivals, Quilt Shows
- Trade shows, Craft Fairs
- School plays and Presentations,
- Theater presentations, local theater groups
- Christmas programs, Church programs
- Dances, Group Community Dances
Contact: (937)767-2343 or (937)342-2175 for more information or email: email@example.com
All Donations are applied to maintenance and repairs of building.
Located at 5 So. Clay Street, Clifton 45316